Tuesday 2 July 2013

Who are you swimming for?

Amidst all the happenings around swimming, plus having been annoyingly ill with a spluttering cough for two weeks, I'm still trying to keep working on "Immersion" - the book I'm writing about marathon swimming, based on the research project. And today, I got to give the latest draft chapter a bit of an airing at a seminar hosted by the School of Nursing and Health Sciences at Dublin City University. I've been a friend of the School for several years, sitting on a PhD committee there, so it's always nice to visit and today, I tried out part of the current chapter I'm working on about swimming for charity (and more specifically, about the pressure to swim for charity), called "Who are you swimming for?"

If you would like to listen to the podcast of the talk, you can download it here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.