Monday 21 March 2011

Better at last and back to training

At last, after two weeks of croaking, wheezing, spluttering and generally becoming quite difficult to live with, my chest infection has finally retreated, my energy levels are back up and I'm back into training. I'm trying to ease in gently, but it's just so nice to be able to get back to it - not least because I tend to suffer from insomnia, especially when work pressures are high, and the swimming really helps with that. But also, Catalina is only 4 months away and I'm a long way from feeling ready to start the serious build-up to that when the open water season starts.

I'm off to Malta to guide for Swimtrek at the beginning of April, and I'm expecting that to be a pretty full on couple of weeks, with not too much time for swimming. But hopefully I'll have chance to dip the occasional toe in and to remind myself how great it is to be in the open water after a long, chlorinated winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.