Monday 2 August 2010

Countdown to the Channel

Only two weeks to go now before the start of my tide for my Channel swim. I can't decide how I feel about it....after all this work, I can't believe it's finally here. I am obviously starting to get quite anxious about it because I've started to have dreams about it.... mostly where I turn up having forgotten various important items, or on the wrong day. It doesn't take psychoanalysis to interpret that!

Now I need to really get down to finalising my crew and generally getting my head straight.

In the mean time, several friends are either out or on their way out soon - Donal Buckley, Jen Hurley, Ali Longman... plus Julie Ryan on a two-person relay (it wasn't meant to be two, but she got horribly let down at the last minute...but I'm confident that she and Dave have got what it takes). Good luck everybody - despite my vow to stop following swims, I'll be watching online!

Congrats too to Nick Adams, who broke Ali Streeter's 1989 Round Jersey record a couple of days ago - well done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.